2013 is going to be just as big! Tim and I will be moving to Minneapolis and FreshStitches is constantly growing! So, what are my goals for 2013? Let me tell you…
In 2013, I hope to…
- Continue to provide great content on the blog. My plans include increasing the proportion of posts dedicated to crochet tutorials and help for those beginning crochet businesses.
- Make Crochet-a-longs a year-long occurrence. I began bi-monthly CALs in mid-2012, and I hope to make 2013 the first year where CALs happen all year-long!
- Decrease the amount of freelance design I do, and instead dedicate the time to creating more FreshStitches designs.
- Refresh some older FreshStitches patterns. My more recent patterns have oodles of step-by-step photos and links to helpful posts. I’ll be refreshing some oldies to make them just as awesome as the new ones!
- Increase the number of samples I crochet for each pattern: showing even more color and size variations.
- Continue to enhance my graphic design skills, incorporating my artwork into more merchandise, blog posts and freebies (think printable tags!) on the blog.
- Continue to leave work at 6pm daily, and end work by 2pm every other Friday. Downtime is a good thing.
- Take a 2-week vacation. A real one, where I put up an auto-reply on my email.
- Think about adding gift certificate functionality to the website.
Making things is a passion of mine (obviously, I suppose)… so this year, I want to continue learning about new things to make! I hope to…
- Expand my repertoire of food-making, particularly cheeses and smoked meats.
- Sew more of my own clothing. Notice how I’m taking a half-day every other Friday? That’s my sewing-time!
- Add variation to my fitness routine. I currently run most days of the week, but I’d like to add strength-training, as well.
- Build a consistent meditation routine. Maybe 20 minutes, 3 times a week?
- Make Christmas decorations for my home. I love making decorations, but I usually get too caught up in making presents to make my own decorations. I’ll make a concerted effort, this year.
I’m not that into setting goals like, “make xx amount of money” or “lose xx pounds”. I prefer to think of my goals in terms of concrete aspects that I can implement, such as adding variety to my workouts or increasing the number of video blog posts I do.
And to be honest… I have a hard time thinking more than 6 months ahead! Except for the bit about making Christmas decorations, these are goals that I plan to tackle before summer. So… maybe we’ll need to have an updated chat about my goals in 6 months?