Do you know what I’m craving in my life? New crafts!
You see, I’m pretty accomplished at crocheting and knitting, and I’ve also dabbled in beading, baking and sewing. But I want to learn more!
So I’m starting Craft School Saturday!
What is Craft School Saturday?
Every Saturday, I’m setting aside a few hours to learn something new. It can sometimes be hard to find the time to do something just for myself… but gosh darn, I’m doing it!
The craft can be anything that strikes my fancy! I might get a new book, take an online class or watch some tutorials online. If I’m learning something new, it counts!
And every Saturday, I’ll blog about what I got up to the previous week. I’ll share my resources and tips for what I’ve learned… in case you want to try it, too!
Will you join me?
Are you looking for an excuse to be crafty? Then join me! Set aside a few hours of your Saturday to get crafting! And if you blog about it, be sure to leave a link in the comments section!
Some crafty targets…
There’s no shortage of projects I want to get into… here are a few ideas of things I’d love to try!
- Sew a dress made from old t-shirts, inspired by Christina Ffrench’s project in Craft Activism
- Bead Crochet, following the fab tutorials in Bead Crochet Jewelry
- Improve my photography skills with Craftsy’s Product Photography Course
- Sew a stuffed animal, maybe learning from a pro like Abby Glassenberg
- Learn Artisan Cheese Making
- Woodworking! I haven’t found my resource, but I have a really big cedar log on my porch that’s ready when I do!
These are just a few… no doubt I’ll get more ideas as I get rolling!