As promised… the crocheted version of the Yuki Felted Knitted boots is finished, and the pattern is ready!
|This pattern is available for purchase for $6.00, via PayPal. After purchase, pattern will be available for instant download.
Please click on the icon at left to purchase.
The sole of this boot is not crocheted, and as such, this design is perfect for outdoor soling! The sample is shown with soles from Simple Shoemaking. Alternatively, you can sole the boots with slipper soles. This boot features a bellows-tongue pattern, which means that it fits in nice and tight around the leg.
These adorable felted boots are crocheted holding two strands of worsted weight yarn together. You could substitute one strand of chunky weight yarn, if desired. Because these boots are felted, a feltable 100% wool yarn is required. Check out my post on felting for tips & techniques.
This pattern contains (women’s) sizes: small (6-7), medium (8-9), large (10-11). The exact finished size is determined during the felting process.
- approx. 700 yards of worsted weight yarn (Stonehedge Mill’s Shepherd’s Wool, color Misty Blue, was used for the sample)
- Size L (8.0mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Sewing needle & thread (for finishing)
- 16 rings /eyelets (used to hold shoelaces- 18G closed jump rings used in sample)
- Piece of of felt & sole (entire kit purchased from Simple Shoemaking, or slipper sole from LYS and piece of fabric felt)
- Laces (approx. 45” long)
This pattern is an ‘easy’ pattern, as it contains only single crochet and increasing and decreasing. There is some sewing required to finish.